Sunday, March 14, 2010

What do you UpCycle?

I really wish that I were more creative, or at least had unique ideas on how to take old crap and make it new, awesome stuff! I keep stuff to reuse and do what I can to keep stuff out of the landfill (including buying less!) but for the things that I already own and no longer want, I'm turning to upcycling. This is exactly what these folks are doing and dammit I'm going to follow their every step to learn and eventually conquer upcycling myself!

First off, my very good friend, KC Cooper Sears who is finding ways DAILY to shrink hers and YOUR footprint! From making cool, chic totes from old vintage tops to making records into wall art and cake stands, MakeShopLive is the cat's meow of upcycling. Not to mention you'll also find weekly DIY tips that will help you (and I) take things to the next level when you just don't know where to go next.


Like MakeShopLive, others are realizing the awesome impact of fashioning seemingly useless stuff into a fashion lovers dream These others include Julia at upcycle-fashion who shares great ideas, her own inventions, fantastic fashion and great ideas and events that will certainly inspire! While I really love what she's done with fashion, I'm impressed with her idea on upcycling an electric blanket. They never last very long and who wants to sleep with a blanket full of wires that don't heat?! My mom owns one and I"m going to try this out with it myself!

Last one: UpCycle It! Plainly said, a place where you can not only get ideas of how to upcycle your old stuff, but also upload your own photos and ideas to take part in the movement. Check it out for sure as you never know how you may be inspired!

Do it, people! Keep stuff out of landfills!


No comments:

Post a Comment