Saturday, April 10, 2010

Farmer Fran

Back a few months ago I was having a conversation with an RA at The New School who was telling me all about how she spent last summer working on an organic farm  She talked about what it was like to live off the grid (more or less) and how different it was but also how doable it was.  She told some great stories and I was intrigued.  She explained that she had found a farm through an organization called World Wide Opportunities on Organic Farms  So with this resource you can find an organic farm on which you can volunteer and in return you get food, accommodations and opportunities to learn about organic lifestyle.

Love it!

We all know how important it is to eat organically but how many of us actually know how to grow things organically and what it really takes on the farming end?  Probably not, but we also probably don't have the time to volunteer with our busy loves and jobs.  Well, my very good friend Fran realized her passion for this and is a perfect example of someone who has made a decision to stop with the daily grind and get back to what's important.  She decided she wanted to do this and put in her two weeks notice and is doing it!!

Go Fran Go!

She has started a blog about it so that we can live the experience with her and I hope you'll take a look and consider following her too.  She never ceases to amaze me and I learn from her everyday.  I have no doubt that you'll learn from her and be inspired by her decision to follow her heart and do what she most wants to in life.





No comments:

Post a Comment